– Undertake onsite surveys and risk management assessments.
– Prepare detailed valuation and risk survey reports and presentations for underwriters to identify and reduce the risk amongst others,
a. Engineering insurance – survey mechanical and industrial plants, machinery and equipment for faults and risk.
b. Burglary and theft – inspecting business premises to check security and storage methods.
c. Fire – examining plans, construction, and fire protection systems to assess the risks to abuilding and its contents.
– Make recommendations to underwriters about risk quality, rating and classification and prepare a schedule of risk improvements measures.
– Advise clients on – site and discuss opportunities and requirements to reduce the risk of future insurance claims.
– Accompany underwriters on site visits to help them understand the practicalities of the risk.
– Work collaboratively with underwriters, brokers, agents, and clients’ representative.
– Handle technical referrals from brokers, clients, and other colleagues.
– Provide training on risk management to other departments.
– A degree in engineering, ACII/MII certificate, or currently working in an insurance company in the related field.
– Strong analytical skills.
– Good research skills.
– The ability to explain complex issues and present technical information clearly.
– The ability to work independently and cope with pressure and responsibility.
– Willing to travel to provinces.
– A high degree of integrity.
– Computer literacy on words and excel sheets.
– Written and communication skills in English.